Haunter's Nation

• August 21, 2017, 12:23:10 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Window FX Animated Window Projector Kit  (Read 565 times)

kid

• Master of Scaremonies
  • Administrator
  • Haunter
    • Haunters Nation
Window FX Animated Window Projector Kit
« on: September 12, 2016, 05:48:13 PM »

I've been trying to find a decent projector for some time now. New, the ones I wanted averaged $600. Not in my budget.
I picked up this kit from Home Depot for $70 (Don't pay 4 times that much on Amazon), and I have to say, it's not bad.
Obviously, it lacks some features, and is not as bright as the more expensive projectors. However, it is led, so the bulb will last forever.
The kit also comes with everything you need for a basic window display. Projector, 4' x 6' screen, tripod(useless), SD card with 12 pre-loaded MP4s, remote, power source and 3M sticky pads(though I recommend you buy the easy off kind).
Here is the packaging:

Here is the sheet stuck up with two 3M pads. It held really well. You can see it is seriously wrinkled, but you can iron it on the lowest setting.

Once you power it up, you just select movie, and find the file you want to run.It comes loaded with a Halloween, Christmas and New Year's folder, each with multiple movies.

You can select as many movies from one folder as you would like, and they will play through in rotation. I picked the creepiest one for the video. Sorry about the random zooming, my new phone is sensitive.
You will hear the sound playing directly from the projector. You can also add external speakers. I plan to use a Bluetooth adapter, to send sound outside to a wireless speaker. Currently, I can only play MP4s from an SD card. I will obviously try to expand on that, and use the USB to play direct from my laptop. :great:

]http://youtu.be/UdUBxkWaCBM

The Pod

• Blaberus craniifer
  • HN Instructor
  • Haunter
    • http://scary.sytes.net
Re: Window FX Animated Window Projector Kit
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2016, 08:59:44 PM »

That seem's fairly decent.  Is it rated for outdoor use?  Weatherproof?  My concern with my projectors is them getting wet out side in the rain and haven't come up with a good solution.  I picked up one of those real cheap 12 volt projectors and it sucked, but maybe I just need to swap out the MR16 bulb with a MR16 CREE LED bulb.....  The other big issue I have with video projections is that I have to start them every night.  Haven't found a good solution for auto-play upon power up.  Now that I'm messing around with the Arduino's maybe I can find a solution for that.  Or even triggerable MP4's.....  That would be cool.

Maley

• The Pumpkin Witch
  • Global Moderator
  • Haunter
  • Wickedest Witch in the West
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2016, 09:08:48 PM »

I bought one of those!!!  I can't wait to set it up in our new home!
I'm every nightmare you've ever had. I'm your worst dream come true. I'm everything you ever were afraid of.

kid

• Master of Scaremonies
  • Administrator
  • Haunter
    • Haunters Nation
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2016, 05:42:37 PM »

This is specifically indoor rated. I imagine a waterproof box with a plexi front would work, but not in really cold weather. Possible fogging of the lens.
It also needs to manually be started nightly, by powering it on, and scrolling through the menus. Unfortunately, the SD card only holds file, and not a "boot file". 
The remote is infrared, so it will work at good distance, but only line of sight. Hence the $70... :good:
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)

Halloween Ring of Terror
© WebRing Inc.
Halloween Ring of Terror
<< Prev | Hub | Sites | Join | Rate | Next >>