Haunter's Nation

• August 21, 2017, 12:20:59 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Speak your mind  (Read 3145 times)

kid

• Master of Scaremonies
  • Administrator
  • Haunter
    • Haunters Nation
Speak your mind
« on: March 14, 2010, 10:22:29 AM »

I always hear fans talking about how the industry doesn't listem to them. I'm going to attempt to fix that. In this section, I want polls on what you want to see the industry produce. Do you want better electronic props, or do you want to say them go back to making high quality static props at a good price. Feel free to speak your mind in the thread for each poll. Let's let the industry know who they work for :mafia:

Dark Star

• Haunter
    • Dark Scares Haunted Attraction
Re: Speak your mind
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 10:57:34 AM »

My vote goes to quality Static Props.  I think pneumatics is way over done in haunts now.

datura

• Little French Pastry
  • Haunter
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2010, 01:01:01 PM »

QUALITY PLEASE !!! and less cheesy stuff, more real props ! (and well...available for european shipping at a decent price of course !)  :ok
Pain has a face. Allow me to show it to you.....

kid

• Master of Scaremonies
  • Administrator
  • Haunter
    • Haunters Nation
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2010, 12:51:34 PM »

I've set the polls so you can change your vote if you want. My idea is, hopefully we can catch trends in the community it changes. Maybe new products available change the way you run your haunt? Maybe the new products available are so bad you decide to do 100% home made. Again, hopefully the industry will pick up this as we grow larger, and listen to your input. Keep the discussions going :idea:

datura

• Little French Pastry
  • Haunter
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2010, 02:14:57 PM »

Here in France, some people (especially parents of young children) want to keep halloween alive; but unfortunately, since 2000 when the country discovered halloween with all the chinese cheesy plastic stuff (was cheap looking but wasn't cheap at all !), shops only try to sell their old stock..
The only places where you can buy good quality props & deco are the fancy dress stores and internet ! And shops only sell halloween stuff from the 15th of october, it's a bit short to do your haunt !
That's a real shame.
If I could buy more good quality props from shops or websites at a reasonable shipping price, I would certainly do less home made !!!
Pain has a face. Allow me to show it to you.....

shadowopal

• TOT
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2010, 06:57:09 PM »

I'm all about quality this year.  I'm tired of seeing cheap props being sold for top dollar. We can build far better quality than what you buy at a lot of stores.

childofthenight

• Grave Rigger
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2010, 11:38:40 PM »

i agree i want quality and priced less ,im getting tired of paying 20 dollars for a poorly made bat just cuz there is not too many places that sell them and other halloween products.....some places think cuz their the only ones around you have to buy their crap at their price..its a shame ..but sometimes i have to cuz of time restraints ..no time to make my own stuff :neah:
listen to them,children of the night ,what music they make

kprimm

• TOT
  • Every day to me is Halloween
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2011, 09:49:36 PM »

Quality is the name of the game. I will not buy a store bought prop unless the thing is steller. I have not found anything in a store that can hold up to what I can make myself. There is just too much very expensive total crap props out there that are trying to sell. Just last year I bought the demonica prop and it only lasted a few hours, total junk.
Every day to me is Halloween!

Mortuis

• Hellsbane
  • TOT
  • "In pace requiescat."
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2012, 10:31:44 PM »

Quality without hideous expense. Odds are that I can make several small props more cheaply that I can buy one hellaciously expensive large prop.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)

Halloween Ring of Terror
© WebRing Inc.
Halloween Ring of Terror
<< Prev | Hub | Sites | Join | Rate | Next >>